If you are covered by a Local 802 or AFM union contract and need help understanding or enforcing your contract, contact Local 802 at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER LEGAL ADVICE:
NYC.gov – Get free legal advice. Legal matters are important to small businesses, but legal terms and fees can be daunting. The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) can connect you to free one-on-one legal services, helping you to:
- Choose a legal structure for your business (ex. LLC, S Corporation, etc.)
- Answer questions about your commercial lease or contract
- Protect your intellectual property
- Review human resource and employment laws
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA)
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts is the leading legal aid and education organization dedicated to New York artists and its arts and cultural organizations. VLA serves the artistic community’s need for legal services by providing access to free or low fee legal services. Qualifying artists can request legal assistance on all arts-related legal matters.
Contact 212-319-2787, ext.1 or submit online application:
VLA Classes & Workshops
VLA provides industry specific classes and workshops to more than 5,000 participants annually. View Course Calendar
VLA Private Classes
Our Department of Education offers a wide variety of discipline-specific and general educational programs, both at its office and privately on location for law firms and art, cultural and service organizations.
To suggest a topic or to request for VLA to present educational programming to your constituents, members or employees, please contact us at email@example.com or call 212.319.2787, ext. 12.
VLA Financial Aid
Financial aid is available for qualified individuals. Please note that your application does not guarantee a full or partial scholarship. Some classes are exempt.
To apply for a scholarship, applicants must provide VLA with a letter explaining which financial bracket they fall under and which class and date they would like to register.
Financial Brackets Guidelines
Unemployed (no income): 75% scholarship
Income up to $35,000: 50% scholarship
Income $35,000 to $50,000: 25% scholarship
Income over $50,000: No Discount
Union Plus Legal Program
Get quality legal assistance at a reasonable price – https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/home/legal-help
You can find reliable advice at an affordable price if you need legal help or simply have a question of a legal nature. Union members have free access to basic legal services or can upgrade to a higher level of legal service at a discounted price.
Union Plus Legal Program — Basic
Your registration gives you free access to basic legal benefits.
- Free initial thirty-minute consultation
- 25% discount off attorney’s hourly or flat rate fees
- Over 6,800 participating law firms
- Virtually all types of legal matters are eligible
- After registration, you’ll be provided with the toll-free number to call for a referral
Register Now for Access: https://referral.unionpluslegal.com/
Union Plus Legal Program — Premium
For a low fee of $22.95 a month*, you’ll have access to a network of experienced attorneys, ready whenever you are.
- Unlimited access to legal assistance
- All attorney fees are paid by the plan for covered matters
- Expert legal advice and representation, in person or by phone
- Network of 15,000+ attorneys
- No limitations such as hour or dollar caps on covered matters
Enroll Now: https://metlaw.unionpluslegal.com/