Note: Local 802 Building Closed (Until Further Notice)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an over-abundance of caution, please note that Local 802 is physically closed to Members until further notice. We are continuing full daily operations with the majority of our staff working remotely.
Affordable rehearsal space is a luxury in New York City, and finding it is among the most difficult challenges musicians must face. Local 802 is one of the few local unions in the American Federation of Musicians that owns its own building, and with this great asset our union is able to provide musicians with two large rehearsal rooms that can be rented and reserved.
The Clubroom has a capacity of 220 people and is suitable for large ensembles. Rental rates are as follows:
- M-F 9am-5pm ($10/hour)
- M-F 5pm-9pm ($20/hour)
- Saturday 10am-10pm ($65/hour)
- Sunday 10am-10pm ($70/hour)
Room B is approximately 520 square feet and suitable for small and medium sized ensembles. Rental rates are as follows:
- (2020-05-30 This information is under review)
- Full lighting system (Clubroom only)
- Grand piano (Clubroom only)
- Yamaha keyboard model P-300 (88-note keyboard in Room B)
- Fender Rhodes piano
- Acoustic bass (must be requested in advance)
- Vintage Guitar Amp, 1960’s Fender Super Reverb (recently reconditioned)
- Vintage Guitar Amp, 1972 Fender Twin Reverb (recently reconditioned)
- Drums (drummer must supply cymbals, sticks, brushes and hi-hat clutch)
- 32 music stands
- Amplifiers for bass, guitar and keyboards
- P.A. system with two microphones
Reserve Rehearsal Space
We are currently developing our online booking system. In the meantime, to reserve rehearsal space please contact Andrew Schwartz.