How and When We Collect Information
Activity That Doesn’t Require Registration. You can view content on the Website without registering or providing any personal information. When you visit in this manner, we automatically obtain information from you about the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of computer you are using, and the website that referred you to us. In addition, we use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the Website, if cookies are enabled on your computer. This session cookie terminates once you finish using the Website and close your browser.
Activity Requiring Registration. Certain activities on the Website require you to register for our Local 802 Member Portal (“Portal”) at https://info.local802afm.org. To become a registered user, you must be a member in good standing with Local 802. We ask you to provide your last name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Local 802 Card Number and your e-mail address. If you decide to register, we use a persistent cookie that stores certain information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Portal. However, none of your personal information is stored in that cookie.
Usage Information. We may record information about your usage of the Website, such as when you use the site, the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable links in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients.
Polls and Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct polls and surveys. Information collected through our polls, surveys, and questionnaires is used in the aggregate, unless we contact you to request permission to use your individual responses for a particular purpose.
If you choose to make an online payment on the Portal, you will need to use an existing PayPal account or you can make a one-time payment by providing your credit card information to PayPal. As this information is collected and transferred over the Internet to our secure server, it is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, the security technology that is designed to protect sensitive information. The credit card information that you provide at the time of payment is used only to process your payment and will not be used for any other purposes.
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet. If you have any reservations, questions or concerns about your child’s access to this site or how information that your child provides is used by us, please contact us.
Uses of Personal Information
- As a member of Local 802 in good standing, you agree to allow us to publish your personal information, such as instruments, mailing address, phone number(s) and e-mail address, in the Local 802 printed directory and the online directory on our private Portal. Only fellow active members of Local 802 are permitted access to the online directory. Members are permitted to flag mailing address, phone number(s), and/or e-mail addresses as confidential. Members can review and edit their contact information and confidential flags by logging into the Portal or by contacting the Membership Dept.
- The personal information that we collect on the Website helps us, our state and local affiliates and related organizations to efficiently and effectively represent Local 802 members, to pursue our advocacy agenda, and to provide valuable member benefits.
- In order to advance these goals and activities, we may share the personal information that we collect about you with our state and local affiliates and other AFM-related organizations, as well as third parties that perform services on our behalf. Additionally, subject to applicable law, we may share any of the personal information that we collect about you with certain third parties that share our interests.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about our activities and offerings via The Action Network, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We may also use your email address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for customer service purposes. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, you may opt out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedures specified on the e-mail message. You can view the Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions here.
- When you send email, messages via contact form or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends, and actions.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. If we receive a subpoena requesting information about you and if you have provided us with your email address, we will attempt to notify you of the subpoena at the email address that you have provided. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Website or using our name, to prevent bodily harm, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our site, our members, the public or our union. In the unlikely event that we merge with another entity, information on our visitors would be among the transferred assets.
Information Security and Data Integrity
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you send us an e-mail, you should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. So, if your communication includes sensitive information like your bank account, charge card, or social security number, and you prefer not to use one of our secure online messaging forms, contact us by mail or by telephone rather than by e-mail.
Effective Date: June 22, 2018
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to the American Federation of Musicians, Local 802 (“Local 802”) Website. Please carefully review our Terms of Service before you begin using the site. Thank you.
- Your Acceptance
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Local 802 may, in its sole discretion, modify these Terms of Service at any time. By continuing to use this website following our posting of such changes, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, as modified.
Through our sites, Local 802 provides users with access to a rich array of educational resources, including personalized content. We hope you find our sites useful. We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Website or any related sites, or any part of them, at any time, for any reason without prior notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
Your registration information, as well as other personally identifiable information that you provide us about yourself on our sites, is subject to our Privacy Statement.
- General Use of the Website — Permissions and Restrictions
Local 802 hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You do not collect any personally identifiable information of others, including user names or email addresses, from the Website.
- You do not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Local 802. You agree not to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, bulk e-mail or other solicitation. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Comments.
- You do not use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Local 802 servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Local 802 grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Local 802 reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available any content containing any “virus,” “worm,” “trojan horse,” or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You do not alter or modify any part of the Website.
- You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or our sites or servers (or networks connected to our Website).
- You do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to a person or entity on or through the Website or its communication systems.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Website any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, as solely determined by Local 802.
- Local 802 reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, for any reason, and without notice to you.
- Local 802 reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access to the Website, without prior notice and at Local 802’s sole discretion.
- This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether your conduct violates conduct requirements for the Website.
- Local 802 Registered User Accounts
In order to access some features of the Website, such as, for example, work history and dues payments, you have to become a Registered User, which will also create a user account. As a Registered User, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- When creating or modifying your account, you must provide accurate, current, and complete information. We reserve the right to disallow use of any user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for all actions of persons accessing the Website through any username/password assigned to you. You must notify Local 802 immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
- Your Use of Content on the Site
In addition to the restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Local 802 Website.
- The content on the Website (other than your User Content), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (collectively, “Local 802 Content”) is owned by or licensed by Local 802. Similarly, the trademarks, service marks and logos contained on the Website are owned or licensed by Local 802 (“Local 802 Marks”). Except as otherwise provided in these Terms of Service, the Local 802 Content and the Local 802 Marks may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Local 802. Local 802 reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Local 802 Content and the Local 802 Marks.
- The Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. As part of such use, you may display, download and/or print pages from the site; you may link to the Website; and you may forward Website materials to others for personal, non-commercial uses that are reasonably related to the Website’s purposes.
- You understand that when using the Local 802 Website, you will be exposed to Local 802 Content, User Content, and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that Local 802 makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Local 802 Content, User Content, or other third-party content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Local 802 with respect thereto.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Local 802 Content or User Comment infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Local 802’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Local 802 to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Local 802’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: [contact information here]. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. Please use the Contact Us form for any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, or other communications with Local 802.
- Warranty Disclaimer
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE LOCAL 802 WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LOCAL 802, AS WELL AS ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “LOCAL 802 PARTIES”), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE. NOR DO THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE LOCAL 802 WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE FORESEEABLE, RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (V) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE LOCAL 802 WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT LOCAL 802 IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OF THE PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE LOCAL 802 PARTIES AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, OF WHATEVER NATURE, THAT ARISE OUT OF YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE LOCAL 802 WEBSITE OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. THIS INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOUR USE OF THE LOCAL 802 WEBSITE.
- Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Local 802 Website is not intended for children under 13.
You and Local 802 agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Local 802 Website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.