- WHAT: 2022 NYC Labor Parade
- WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 10
- WHERE: Look for the Local 802 float on East 44th Street between Madison & Vanderbilt Ave.
- WHAT TIME: Gather in front of the Local 802 float at 9am; then we start marching together at 10am
- MORE INFO: Local 802 Organizing Director John Pietaro (Jpietaro@Local802afm.org or 646-599-0060)
- RSVP (OPTIONAL): If you use Facebook, feel free to RSVP at our event page here (optional)
The New York City Labor Parade is back for the first time since 2019! Tens of thousands of workers representing more than 200 unions and constituency groups will come together in a powerful show of labor solidarity on the 140th Anniversary of the first Labor Day parade in the United States, when more than 10,000 workers marched from New York City Hall to Union Square in 1882. This year, the New York City Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO is honored to be led by Parade Grand Marshal U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh and Parade Chairs AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Fred Redmond and NYS Department of Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon. The theme of this year’s parade is Workers Leading, Workers Rising, reflecting the enormous surge in labor activism and organizing that is taking place across the nation and across all sectors of the workforce, leading to historic worker victories and an increase in worker power. Please join us for a fantastic day of solidarity and fun!