The LS-1 contract provides a way for musicians who perform solo, in ensembles, or maintain a private student studio (“private teaching”), to qualify for health and pension benefits. Private teaching can only qualify for health benefits, and not pension benefits.
- Solo Performance
- Ensembles (only if all musicians on the engagement are reported on the form)
- Private Teaching
- Media work
- Health Benefits Eligibility
- Pension Eligibility (does not apply to Private Teaching)
A single piece of the below documentation is required. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals as well as corporate entities.
- Contract/s, or
- Invoice/s, or
- Copies of payment –i.e. checks or a record of cash payments, Venmo, PayPal, etc., or
- Copies of check stubs or payroll voucher
Submission Due Date
For the September 1st benefit start date
NO LATER than July 1 for engagements from January 1 through June 30
For the March 1st benefit start date
NO LATER than January 1 for engagement form July 1 through December 31
Mailed or Emailed Submissions
Please consult the specific LS-1 Form for further instructions.
The confirmed amounts due for Work Dues, Health Fund and/or Pension contributions will be provided to you after your portal/online submission has been verified, as well as directions for paying them. The following payment types are currently supported, with plans to expand in the future:
- Work Dues – online portal
- Health Fund (if applicable) – ACH or mailed check
- Pension (if applicable) – ACH or mailed check
ACH information and physical addresses for mailed checks will be provided to you after your online submission has been verified.
Assistance, Health Benefits Related
- Contact the Health Benefits Department