BEST PRACTICES FOR WORKING FROM HOME
Webinar with Dr. Don Greene: How Musicians Can Cope Effectively with the COVID-19 Pandemic On Wednesday, May 20, peak performance psychologist Dr. Don Greene was generous enough to offer his time and expertise to the Local 802 community, covering topics including managing your resources, what to do with your extra time, staying connected, improving your skills, and pursuing new interests. In addition, he touched on the emotional impact that individual musicians and the music community are experiencing and took questions from members who tuned in. Watch the full recording here! Access Password: 7!-10A#8
Practicing at Home: a guide by Local 802’s legal counsel outlining how to practice at home within your legal rights, in case your neighbors complain.
File Your Online Teaching Work with LS-1 Contracts: A Guide: LS-1 contracts offer the opportunity to take advantage of Local 802’s health plan. You can use these contracts to maintain or supplement your current benefits.
How to File Your At-Home Studio Work (AFM SINGLE SONG OVERDUB SCALE AGREEMENT) This agreement is designed for recordings, typically performed by one or more musicians, in a home studio, for a single employer, most often for an independent artist or label. You can use it as a stand-alone contract or it can also be combined with Limited Pressing and Joint Venture Agreements. More on those below. It cannot be combined with any other recording agreement offered by the AFM as it is a special scale rate.
Tech Support for Musicians (created and curated by the 802 Electronic Music Committee): Confined to our homes, musicians are turning to new solutions to work, create, teach, record, collaborate, and perform. Many of us are suddenly having to learn and develop new technologies and methods. Local 802’s Electronic Music Committee have developed a straightforward FAQ section to help you navigate these evolving technologies.
STRESS RELIEF RESOURCES
- Record Union: The Wellness Starter Pack
- Take a Break: Meditations for Stress Relief
- MindShift Cognitive Behavior Therapy: MindShift uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Relax Melodies: Soothing meditations, music, and bedtime stories for relaxing before sleep.
- Calm Together: meditations, sleep stories, movement exercises, journals, and music.
- Collection of Free Movement Resources
- Fitness Blender
- Core Power: free, pre-recorded yoga classes
- Yoga with Adriene: free yoga videos
- Orange Theory: features a new, free 30-minute work-out video every day
- 305 Fitness: cardio dance work-outs; YouTube-based live dance digital events at noon and 6 p.m. and a 30-minute kid-friendly dance class on Sunday evenings at 6.
- POPSugar Fitness 20-Minute STRONG by Zumba® Cardio and Full-Body Toning Workout
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
PASSING THE TIME AT HOME
ONLINE BOOK CLUBS:
VIRTUAL MUSEUM TOURS:
- Museum of Modern Art
- Vatican Museum
- The Louvre
- The British Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- National Museum of Natural History
- Google Art Project – Street Art
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Statue of Liberty
VIRTUAL NATURAL TOURS:
- New York Botanical Garden
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Cosmos From Your Couch
- Astro At Home
- Bruce Canyon National Park
- Denali National Park and Preserve
- Yellowstone National Park
- Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River
- Devils Tower National Monument
- Aurora Borealis – Northern Lights
- Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Gombe, Tanzania
- Pyramids of Giza
- The Khumbu, Nepal
ANIMAL LIVE CAMS: