We are the Associated Musicians of Greater New York, American Federation of Musicians Local 802, the largest local union of professional musicians in the world. We unite to fight for the common interests of all musicians by advancing industry standards that dignify our labor and honor and enrich our art. We seek to organize a community of all musicians and aspiring musicians, and we reach out to all who share our interests and our passion. We are committed to upholding the integrity of live musical performance and to advancing the vital role of music in education, and in the economic, cultural and social life of our community and beyond. We advocate for economic and social justice for musicians and for society as a whole.
Visit Local 802
The Local 802 AFM building is located at 322 West 48th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues in Manhattan. Each Local 802 department’s hours of operation are listed below. To find the best staff member to discuss a particular issue with, visit our staff directory or call (212) 245-4802.
- Clubroom and Rehearsal Room B*: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM; Saturday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
*To reserve rehearsal space at Local 802, contact Maureen Cupid-Pierre at 212-245-4802 ext. 111.
- Membership Department Window: Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Electronic Media Checks Window: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Wednesday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Membership Department, Finance Department: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Electronic Media Department: Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Office of the Recording Vice-President, Organizing Department, Single Engagements, Jazz, Latin, Teaching Artists: Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Musicians Health Fund: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Office of the Financial Vice-President, Concert Department, IT Department: Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Actors Federal Credit Union: Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM (New Accounts and Notary Service, 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Office of the President, Theatre Department, Legislation, Political Action, Public Relations: Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM