Members of the CAC:
- Voted unanimously to approve a grant of $5,000 for the Henry Street Chamber Opera’s 2002 opera production budget, for a production which will employ 33 musicians working under union contracts. The funds will go toward music rental ($1,500), postage ($1,750) and instrument rental ($750), with any remaining funds to be used for printing, at a union shop, of flyers and invitations.
- Voted unanimously to approve a $3,000 grant to the Hora Decima Brass Ensemble, to cover expenses for cartage of equipment, studio rentals and payroll services incurred during three recording sessions for a limited pressing of 2,000 CDs under an 802 agreement. The project would involve a total of 23 musicians.
- Voted unanimously to award $2,500 toward the estimated $7,551 cost of printing an informational two-color, eight-page brochure, educating purchasers about the services of orchestrators and copyists. The booklet is being prepared by music preparation members of Local 802. The award is contingent on the Executive Board of Local 802 providing the balance of the costs. It was recommended that the Executive Board also seek Federation support for this project.
- Voted unanimously to reimburse Bill Kuyper, ICSOM rep from the New York Philharmonic, $1,489.02 for expenses incurred in attending last summer’s ICSOM convention.
- Voted unanimously to reimburse Bruce Revesz, ICSOM rep from the New York City Opera, $1,487.70 for expenses incurred in attending the ICSOM convention.
(Local 802 bylaws require Executive Board concurrence with these expenditures.)