Does the SRSPF Have Money Waiting For You?

Volume CV, No. 9September, 2005

Is there any sweeter feeling than collecting money that you didn’t know was yours?

Each time you perform on a union recording session, you become eligible for five years’ worth of “special payments.” The entity that collects and distributes this money is called the Sound Recording Special Payments Fund.

But the fund is unable to disburse payments to many musicians, simply due to missing addresses.

The fund tries its best to locate musicians, but now here’s something new: a Web site where you can look to see if you are owed money by the fund.

Here’s what to do. Go to and click on the words “Unclaimed Funds” underlined in red in the middle of the page.

For more information, contact the fund or Local 802’s Recording Department.