The following is a list of tasks that a contractor is required to complete for all electronic media sessions. If a contractor is not required on the session by the terms of the specific collective bargaining agreement, the leader is responsible for completing the checklist.
BEFORE THE SESSION:
- Obtain all pertinent information from the producer regarding the project.
- Confirm the signatory status of the producer.
- Report the session to the local in whose jurisdiction the work is to be performed.
- Confirm the wage scales and benefits with the local or AFM. You should be able to put together a budget for the project at this point.
- Put out the call to the musicians and include all pertinent information regarding the session.
DURING THE SESSION:
- Be present at all sessions at all reasonable times.
- Keep track of how long each musician is employed on each session. Keep track of each cue and/or song title on which each musician performed, as well as doubles and overdubs.
- Collect W-4’s, I-9’s, and other necessary payroll documents from the musicians, as well as all information required to complete the appropriate B Report Form.
AFTER THE SESSION:
- Fill out the appropriate B Report Form.
- Immediately submit the completed B Report Form, along with all invoices (music preparation, cartage, etc.) and payroll documents to the producer for payment.
- Immediately submit a copy of the completed B Report Form to the local in whose jurisdiction the services took place.
For more information, contact Steve Danenberg at (212) 245-4802, ext. 119, or firstname.lastname@example.org