It’s like making your own website for FREE! Local 802’s new online musician referral directory at www.NewYorkMusicians.com gives you the opportunity to create or enhance your digital presence. Promote your services on two different profile pages. Create an individual profile page to promote your work as a teacher, performer, copyist, arranger or recording artist. You can also create a band/ensemble page to promote your band, chamber group or large ensemble. Start making new connections! Enrollment is a free benefit for active Local 802 members.
NewYorkMusicians.com is intended to function as a promotional tool for union members. It’s also designed as a way to guarantee that you’re paid the wages and benefits you deserve. Any work that is referred through the site must be filed on appropriate union contracts. (If you’ve never filed your gigs on a union contract before, don’t worry! We can help you, and we’ve also posted a handy guide called “What To Do When You Get A Referral.”)
The site is still in beta mode, so now’s the time to act. We’ve hidden the directory from search engines, but members can still preview and proofread their profiles. The official launch will take place when we have a critical mass of Local 802 members enrolled. Then we’ll begin promoting and marketing the site to attract potential clients. Don’t wait! Take advantage of this amazing new promotional tool today! Suggestions and feedback are encouraged. Please e-mail or call (212) 245-1091. To get started, follow the instructions below.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR PROFILE
- Check out www.NewYorkMusicians.com to see how other Local 802 members have set up their profiles.
- Make sure that your union dues are paid up. You’ll also need to know your Local 802 card number.
- Make sure you have photos of yourself and your band. Get your bio and description ready.
- Set aside some time. When you’re ready, go to www.NewYorkMusicians.com, scroll down and click on the CREATE PROFILE button.
- Fill in the requested information, upload your photos and be sure to sign the agreements at the bottom of the form!
- After you click SUBMIT, your profile must undergo a brief review process. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to your profile when it becomes viewable.
- To edit your profile, please e-mail your correction requests. You may include additional photos, re-write your bio/service description, add or remove website links and change contact information.
For questions or assistance, contact Julie Ferrara at (212) 245-1091.