The Broadway Green Alliance collects and sends the following items to its partners for upcycling, recycling or proper disposal. These collections are year-round on a drop-off basis between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the BGA office., 165 West 46th Street, Suite 1312.
You can also schedule a pickup right at your office or your stage door! Put all of your stuff in a bag or box and write BGA on it. E-mail Green@Broadway.org to arrange a pickup.
Call (646) 454-5722 for more or see www.BroadwayGreen.com.
The Broadway Green Alliance accepts the following stuff:
- Binders (i.e. sheet music binders). The binder exchange program allows anyone to pick up, use and return binders from the program. Binders in good condition are welcomed for donation. We no longer accept binders larger than 3 inches. Pre-printed covers are not accepted.
- Used cell phones. (Functional units are donated to anti-violence organizations. Broken units are recycled or used as props.)
- Corks (from wine bottles, etc.)
- Electronic waste (old computers, etc.)
- Gels (i.e. lighting gels used in theatres). We collect used, scraped and new pre-cut or rolled gel sheets of all types and color. Gel strings are also collected. They are reused by smaller, nonprofit theaters.
- iPods and MP3 players (donated to the Broadway Alzheimer’s iPod Drive and local nursing homes)
- Playbills and program stuffers
- Textiles (clean new and used fabrics, clothing, footwear and accessories)
- Vases (for hospitals and nursing homes) and flowers (for composting)
- BRITA water filters and BRITA containers
- Toothbrushes and personal care and beauty products (and packaging)
Musicians who want to learn more about making sure their gigs are green or who want to volunteer to be a Green Captain can contact Marisa Friedman,
Local 802’s Green Captain, at Mfriedman@Local802afm.org or (212) 245-4802, ext. 130.
For all the info on the Broadway Green Alliance, see www.BroadwayGreen.com.
For some recycled crafts and tips, see the Broadway Green Alliance’s page on Pinterest, at www.pinterest.com/LaurelAnn/bga-crafts.