The 2016-2017 Local 802 directory will be compiled at the end of this year. Thousands of musicians receive a copy of this book and use it as a vital resource.
Here’s how to check to make sure your information will be printed correctly in the next edition of our membership directory:
To appear in the Local 802 membership directory and to follow these steps below, you must be a current member of Local 802. To pay your membership dues or check your member status, call (212) 245-4802 and ask for the Membership Department, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Start by going to www.local802afm.org and clicking on “Member Portal Login.” (If this is your first time using the new portal, click on the words “Don’t have a profile? Register here.”) If you have any problems registering, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have an e-mail address to register for the portal.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a summary page with your basic information. Find the phrase “View account info” near the left side of the screen, and click on it.
- Now your information should be displayed. The information in Local 802’s database for you is: your legal name; your directory name (how you would like your name to appear in the directory, if different from your legal name, i.e. your stage name or preferred nickname); one primary instrument; up to seven secondary instruments; address; home phone; business phone; cell phone; fax; e-mail; web site; and whether you are a conductor, arranger or copyist.
- If any of this information is missing on the screen, it means we don’t have it. However, it’s O.K. if some of the information is blank. For instance, if you only play one instrument, you won’t see any secondary instruments listed. If there’s no difference between your legal name and the name you want printed in the directory, the field called directory name will be blank. If you don’t have a fax number or web site, you won’t see these fields filled in.
- How you see your information on the screen determines what will be printed in the membership directory. You can now make changes directly online to your address, phone number(s), and e-mail and website addresses. You can also choose to keep your address, phone numbers or e-mail confidential in your directory listing. If you would like to make changes to your instruments list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your union card number whenever you e-mail us. We must receive your e-mail by Nov. 15 in order to print the correct information in the membership directory. (Please allow one week for e-mailed changes to become active on the portal.)
- If you would like to use a different name to be printed in the directory instead of your legal name, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and give us a directory name, which is the name that will be printed in the directory for you.
If you don’t have e-mail or if you have any problems that you wish to resolve by phone, please call the Membership Department at (212) 245-4802. If you have problems or questions with the portal, please e-mail email@example.com.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL CORRECTIONS IS NOV. 15.
Your union dues must be current for your name to appear in the directory.