The LS-1 contract DUE DATES HAVE CHANGED. ALL LS-1 CONTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JAN. 16, 2015 for the MARCH 1 benefit period.
The Affordable Health Care Act prohibits a waiting period of more than 90 days between attaining eligibility and receiving the actual benefits. In order to comply, the Local 802 Health Fund’s new eligibility periods are March 1 and Sept. 1. All LS-1 contracts must be submitted by Jan. 16, 2015 and July 15, 2015, respectively.
- Only teaching (private and institutional) and/or solo, live engagements performed between July 1, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2014 can be reported on the LS-1 (i.e. no theater or electronic media work). Please call to discuss any other exceptions.
- If there are multiple employers and/or students, a separate LS-1 contract must be submitted for each one.
- Health contributions CANNOT EXCEED 15 percent of the gross wages.
- Work dues must be included at the time of submission.
- You must be a member in good standing (i.e. all past due work dues and membership dues must be up to date).
- Proof of engagement must be included – copies of contracts, invoices, pay stubs/vouchers, spreadsheets of private students, etc.
- No benefits will be processed unless all these criteria are met.
PLEASE NOTE: It will be the member’s responsibility to keep track of all engagements performed from July 1, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2014 in order to know what additional contributions are needed to meet your plan level. The portal will not be up to date in early January.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact Bettina Covo at (212) 245-4802, ext. 152 or email@example.com.
All checks and completed paperwork should be sent to Bettina Covo, Local 802, 322 West 48th Street, Third Floor, New York, NY 10036.