Local 802 and the Music Performance Trust Fund are pleased to announce a special offer in honor of Jazz Appreciation Month. If you qualify, the fund will contribute 50 percent of the cost of your gig. But you must apply. Here are the details:
1. You must be a member of Local 802 in good standing.
2. You must create or organize a concert, educational program (i.e. workshop or clinic) or nursing home performance for you or your band under the guidelines of the MPTF. (We’ll tell you all the details.)
3. The performance must be free and open to the public, and it must take place between April 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013 (Jazz Appreciation Month).
4. You are responsible to pay wages and make benefit contributions for you and your musicians using a Local 802 union contract — specifically, the Local 802 public service scales and benefits that apply to MPTF approved projects. We can help you with the rates, budget and paperwork.
5. Other details apply. Approval is not automatic. Each application must be completed and submitted prior to the concert performance date for review by Local 802 and the Music Performance Trust Fund.
6. If you qualify, the fund will pay for 50 percent of the total cost of one rehearsal plus the engagement (it can include multiple performances), and you are responsible for the other 50 percent of the total cost.
This is an excellent opportunity for self-starting, business-minded musicians who can follow through on details. For more information or to make an appointment for assistance, contact Aimee Covo at (212) 245-4802, ext. 150 or Acovo@Local802afm.org.