What is Actors Federal Credit Union?
ActorsFCU is a federally chartered, not-for-profit, professional financial cooperative. Credit Union members are shareholders of the credit union, which is owned and run by its members. Any net income earned is returned to members in the form of dividends on deposits or in discounted loan pricing.
What’s the difference between Actors Federal Credit Union and a bank?
ActorsFCU, like all federal credit unions, is more strictly regulated and examined than commercial, for-profit banks. Our federal examiners from the National Credit Union Administration are sticklers for making sure our members are never at risk for loss. ActorsFCU maintains a net worth of nearly double the amount that would be required by a bank (net worth is the amount financial institutions are required to set aside for potential losses). Our return on assets (ROA), the amount of money we earn for each dollar of our overall assets, is more than double the national average of other credit unions. As with banks, we are federally insured.
How do I get started?
Open a new account Monday – Friday from 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. at our office located inside Local 802’s offices at 322 W. 48th Street, or visit us at 165 W. 46th Street. You may also download a membership application online at ActorsFCU.com and then mail it in or fax it to us. A deposit of $100 is required to open a savings account with the Credit Union and become a member. Once you have opened this account you are eligible for all of the Credit Union’s services.
When opening an account you must provide the following:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Social Security number
- Proof of address
- Proof of affiliation with Local 802
- $100 deposit into savings account. Checking accounts have no balance required.
Where we’re best
eMax$ Online (High-Yield Savings)
- National leader in online rates—our rates beat the major banks, including HSBC, eTrade and ING
- No minimum balance required
eDeposit (Online-Deposit Program)
- Deposit checks online from anywhere—24/7
- Get immediate availability of funds with eLimit and eZ Hold
eZ Hold Checking
- Our industry-exclusive eZ Hold automatically places check holds against the funds least likely to be needed—such as a CD, holiday club, savings, or eMax$ Online—no matter what account you deposit to
- Free checking with no balance requirements
100% Fee-Free ATMs (there’s one in 802’s lobby)
- 25,000 nationwide
- 200 throughout NYC’s five boroughs
- Make deposits at more than 160 NYC check casher locations
Where we’re better
eBranch (State-of-the-Art Online Banking)
- Set up automatic transfers, print and view canceled checks and track your account activities online 24/7
- Receive customized eAlerts via e-mail or text messaging (e.g., your balance goes below a specified amount)
VISA Check Card
- Earn member rewards—for gifts, air travel, online downloads, even charitable contributions—with every purchase you make—with worldwide acceptance!
VISA Gold Card
- 2.9% intro rate; 8.9% fixed rate, thereafter
- No default rates. No tricky rate games. No annual fee. No balance transfer fees.
Musical Instrument Loans
- Tailor-made for our members at Local 802, our musical instrument loans offer a great rate and a great program to get you the musical instrument that you need
0% Auto Loans
- 0% and no payments for the first three months—very low rates thereafter
- Get no-hassle, below-book value, certified pre-owned auto shopping with Enterprise Car Sales
Mortgages and Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Our lower margins on our adjustable rate mortgages save thousands of dollars for members
- HELOCs: Prime minus 1% starter rate; prime for life thereafter
- Free consultations with our experienced in-house registered representative, Gary Ginsberg, who has nearly 20 years of experience working at ActorsFCU with members of the entertainment community, and more than 25 years overall
Visit www.actorsfcu.com for more information.